Title: Aging and Dementia Simulation Observer
Location: Alzheimer Society Office, other venues in Niagara Region
Assigned Supervisor: Education Coordinator
Volunteers in this position will assist with the implementation of the Aging and Dementia Simulation to a variety of schools, organizations, facilities, businesses, and for civic and church groups. The Aging and Dementia Simulation is a hands-on educational tool where participants temporarily experience the impact of aging and dementia.
- Learn and understand information about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Follow guidelines set out for communicating with participants during sessions.
- Set up materials and assist in the preparation of ADS sessions.
- Complete written observations of participants in a legible and accurate fashion.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Willingness to share information with people and enjoy talking to people.
- Experience with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia is an asset.
- Orientation to agency, ASNR programs, policies and procedures
- Completion of Volunteer Training Program
- Orientation to the ADS program (includes participating in an ADS and de-brief session)
- Completion of two reference checks
- Police Clearance