Assigned Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
The director, as a member of the Board of Directors, has authority to participate in establishing and reviewing matters of policy which would be the most beneficial in promoting the interests and welfare of the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region (ASNR), its clients, staff and stakeholders.
- Attend monthly board meetings and annual dinner meeting.
- Review progress reports, offering comments and suggestions.
- Vote on issues being discussed for approval.
- Respect confidentiality of private discussions.
- Act on behalf of ASNR, and in the best interests of ASNR, and not solely represent the interests of a specific constituency.
- Participate in ASNR’s major events throughout the year.
- Experience with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias is highly recommended.
- Prior committee or professional experience in area of interest is desirable but not required.
- Must have excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be committed to ASNR’s mission and values.
- Personal reliable transportation is highly recommended.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of Board of Directors orientation
- Completion of three reference checks
- Completion of Board of Directors application form
- Completion of Board of Directors confidentiality agreement