Title: Brain Wave Café Program Assistant|
Location: Various locations across Niagara Region (see calendar)
Assigned Supervisor: Brain Wave Café Facilitator(s)
The role of the volunteer is to assist the program facilitator to implement and coordinate weekly Brain Wave Café programs. The Brain Wave Café offers an informal place for people to meet up on a regular basis for a coffee, get information, share experiences and participate in “healthy brain” activities within their local communities. Individuals living with cognitive change or dementia, care partners, family and friends are all welcome.
- Help with the set-up and clean-up of refreshments, games and activities for the program.
- Assist with engaging participants and facilitating interactions between participants. This may include spending one-on-one time with participants who need extra support.
- Enjoy working with others, comfortable initiating conversation and including others.
- Patient, friendly and fun; comfortable in a non-competitive, inclusive environment.
- Have some experience communicating with older adults.
- Knowledge of the aging process is an asset.
- Have basic knowledge and experience with dementia – training will be provided.
- Experience working with persons with dementia and their care partners is an asset.
- Orientation to agency, ASNR programs, policies and procedures
- Completion of Volunteer Training Program
- Completion of two reference checks
- Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance