Title: Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
Assigned Supervisor: Director of Fund Development, Coordinator of Volunteer Programs
Fundraising volunteers assist with various tasks throughout the planning and culmination of our fundraising events. Volunteers are required as committee members, for office support and event day support. Each commitment varies in length from several months to a few hours and is required at various times throughout the year.
- To assist with the planning of the event
- To assist in securing donations (both cash and in-kind)
- To assist in recruiting event participants
- To assist with event promotion and various other duties as required
- Assist with fundraising related mail outs
- Assist with fundraising related phone calls
- Various other duties as required (bag stuffing, envelope stuffing, database support, etc.)
Event Day Support
- Assist with registration
- Gift bag distribution
- Greet participants
- Various other duties as required
- Ability to communicate with ASNR staff, the public and event attendees in a pleasant and positive manner
- Experience in the fundraising sector or the desire to learn relevant skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Orientation to agency programs, policies and procedures.
- It is expected that the volunteer will attend all required meetings/event orientations.
- Completion of two reference checks