Title: Activity Volunteer
Location: Alzheimer Society Office, other venues in St. Catharines
Assigned Supervisor: REBEL Group Facilitator
The role of the Activity Volunteer is to assist clients and care partners during REBEL group sessions. The Activity Volunteer will help to encourage a sense of community, support and fulfillment in a safe and nurturing environment, while listening to the voices of the participants because they need to be acknowledged, consulted, supported and empowered to remain active as they direct their own plans for the present and future. REBEL group sessions are typically the third Thursday afternoon of each month, with no sessions running in July & August.
- To participate in the REBEL group.
- To assist with refreshments for clients and care partners.
- To assist clients and caregivers with the scheduled activity.
- To arrive early before the session begins to assist with set up and to remain following the session to assist with clean up.
- Must be motivated to participate in a client directed model.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Responsible, committed and dependable.
- Experience working with persons with dementia and their care partners is an asset.
- Orientation to agency, ASNR programs, policies and procedures.
- Completion of Volunteer Training Program
- Completion of two reference checks
- Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance