Title: Recollections Life Story Assistant
Location: Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region office
Assigned Supervisor: First Link Coordinator
The role of the Life Story Assistant is to work one-on-one with an individual living with dementia to assist them in completing a 10 to 20 page life story book.
- To meet with a client at the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region office once weekly for 1 hour.
- To work on the development of 1 page per week of a life story book using the Recollection Program guidelines and computerized life stories template.
- Comply with the confidentiality policy of ASNR and maintain strictest of confidence with all matters related to ASNR and its clients.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Committed to attending program weekly for 8 weeks.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Orientation to agency, ASNR programs, policies and procedures.
- Completion of Volunteer Training Program
- Completion of two reference checks
- Police Clearance